Recipe from Hugo Saint Jacques.
Difficulty level : easy (trainee)
Full return : 4 servings
Preparation time : (15 minutes)
Cooking time : (12 minutes)
Marinade time: (60 minutes)
- 4 Quebec chicken breasts
- 1 c. 1 tablespoon (15 ml) ground coriander
- Half a teaspoon. 1 tablespoon (7.5 ml) ground paprika
- 1 c. 1 tablespoon (15 ml) smoked paprika
- Half a teaspoon. 1 teaspoon (2.5 ml) nutmeg
- 1 c. 1 tablespoon (15 ml) ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons. 1 tablespoon (30 ml) ground ginger
- Half a teaspoon. 1 teaspoon (2.5 ml) ground black pepper
- 1 c. 1 teaspoon (5 ml) dried oregano
- 1 c. 1 teaspoon (5 ml) cayenne pepper
- 1 cup (250 ml) all-purpose flour
- 3 beaten eggs
- 1 cup (250 ml) panko bread crumbs
- 1 cup (250 ml) fine bread crumbs
- 1 cup (250 ml) store-bought mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons. 1 tablespoon (45 ml) of store-bought PERi-PERi sauce
- 1 lemon (peel only)
- Green salad as desired
- Herbal vinaigrette
level 1 : Cut the chicken breasts into slices (4 to 6 pieces for each breast) and place them in a bowl over ice.
The second step : In another bowl, mix all the spices. Season with salt and season the fillets generously to coat them well. Leave it to marinate for 60 minutes in the refrigerator. Reserve a little of the spices to season the flour later.
Step 3 : Heat the air fryer to 375°F (190°C). Next, put the flour in a medium-sized bowl with a teaspoon of the remaining spices, the eggs in another bowl, and the breadcrumbs in a third bowl.
Step 4 : Then bake the chicken strips English-style, starting by coating the seasoned chicken strips in flour, then in eggs, then in the bread crumb mixture. Place it in the hot air fryer and spray it with a little oil. Cook for 10 to 13 minutes or until chicken is cooked.
Step 5 Meanwhile, whisk the peri peri sauce with the lemon peel and mayonnaise. Season with salt and pepper and serve with crispy chicken strips. Garnish the plate with your favorite green salad and enjoy.
Step 6 : Good appetite !