Taiwanese Film Festival filmosa Maison de la culture du Japon à Paris, September 30, 2022, Paris.
From Friday 30 September 2022 to Saturday 08 October 2022:
. Pay 6 Euro
The Taiwan Film Festival runs from September 30 to October 8. In its fifth edition, there will be a selection of nine Taiwanese films. The film will be attended by director Lu Yi An and actor Mo Tzu Yi. Their new movie, Goddamned Asura, will represent Taiwan for Best Foreign Language Film at the Academy Awards.
FILMOSA FESTIVAL was created by the association “FILMOSA”.
The founders of “FILMOSA” met in 2018 to create a non-profit cultural association. The association’s name, FILMOSA, is the amalgamation of two words, one for Formosa and one for film. The term “Formosa” comes from the exclamatory term used by Portuguese sailors when they first saw the island of Taiwan. Film is the heart of the association. By combining the meanings of the two words, FILMOSA will remain a place of exchange, discoveries and encounters, in order to share the culture of Taiwanese cinema with the French public.
In this year 2022, in its fifth edition, we have chosen for you nine films according to three axes: 1. The choice of the year. 2. Filmmaker of the Year – LOU Yi-An; 3. Japanese Taiwanese documentaries. The film will be attended by director Lu Yi An and actor Mo Tzu Yi. Their new movie, Goddamned Asura, will represent Taiwan for Best Foreign Language Film at the Academy Awards.
I. General selection
Filmosa and the Taiwan Cultural Center in Paris jointly chose this year’s pick, which was a hit in Taiwan in 2021 and 2022.
- Until we meet again It was chosen as the opening film for Filmosa 2022. It masterfully combines the ideas of “Love and Hell” in a unique fantasy setting.
- Listen before you sing It tells the story of the Bunnon Elementary School and the creation of a choir for it, thus gradually reconnecting with the Passibotbot tradition.
- Angel dust Selected for the Quinzaine des Réalisateurs at the 1992 Cannes Film Festival, this film was restored in 4K in 2022. This film is a classic in the history of Taiwanese cinema, with its songs describing the events and emergence of subcultures that brought singers and composers such as Woo Bae and Lim Jeong to the fore. Special mention is made to the director, Hsiao Hsien, who is performing a song for this film.
secondly. Director of the Year – LOU Yi-An
Filmosa and the Taiwanese Cultural Center in Paris are co-organizing the Best Filmmaker of the Year – LOU Yi-An. We will present three feature films written and directed by director LOU Yi-An and invite director and actor MO Tzu-Yi, who has starred in director LOU’s films and dramas since its long inception. LOU Yi-An has a deep and sharp observation of society and is good at complex stories. Most of his work relates to the experiences of working-class and immigrant life, reflecting the times and societal injustices that caused such a stir in Taiwan.
- From a random murder, Cursed Asura It explores topics such as family, work culture, the Internet, and class hierarchy through a realistic approach to social issues. He will represent Taiwan for Best Foreign Language Film of the 95th Academy Awards.
- From a human perspective, losers He presents lightly and humorously the serious problem of land speculation by building villas on agricultural land.
- own place It is Yi-An Lou’s first feature film, starring Morning Mo. This film marks the beginning of a long collaboration in 2009 to produce several films and TV series.
Third. Taiwanese Japanese documentaries
In 2020, with the participation of the Maison de la Culture du Japon in Paris, the third edition of the Filmosa Festival screened three Japanese-Taiwanese historical documentaries. After these shows were a hit, Filmosa is again working with Taiwan Documents from the Taiwan Film and Audiovisual Institute and Maison de la Culture du Japon. It presents three stories of the unique relationship and powerful bonds that unite Japan and Taiwan that Westerners know little about.
- Remember Myanmar Reports of the episode that occurred during World War II, in which the government of the Republic of China (the official name of Taiwan) sent its Chinese expeditionary force to Burma in order to support the army of the English allies. Troops entered Burma twice to fight against the Japanese invasion. However, after the war, the fate of those soldiers who died for their homeland abroad and their descendants was not reported.
- the mill It traces the development of the Surrealist movement in Taiwan, beginning with the eponymous society of Taiwanese poets in the 1930s.
- green prison It is the second part of the trilogy Wild mountains over the sea, directed by Yin-Yu Huang about Taiwanese exiles in the Yaeyama Islands. part One, After the spring, the Tamaki family…released by Filmosa in the year 2020. green prison He evokes memories in a time of collective insanity, of a soul mired in remorse for lost time.
House of Japanese Culture in Paris 101bis Quai Branly 75015 Paris
Contact: https://www.filmosa.org/ https://www.facebook.com/filmosaparis https://www.facebook.com/filmosaparis https://www.filmosa.org/%C3%A9dition-2022
Filmosa Poster 2022