Microsoft released Windows 11 23H2. The operating system is only offered for eligible computers and configurations without known issues.
This means that if you check for the update in Windows Update on an unsupported device, nothing will be displayed. Additionally, if Windows 11 is installed on a computer that doesn’t meet the system requirements, an issue will arise every time Microsoft releases a feature update. Why ?
If security updates and bug fixes have been installed so far without issue, this is not the case for feature updates. They verify that the system requirements are met. So you have to find other installation options to be able to migrate your device. problem » to the latest version of the operating system. Since Windows Update will not give a positive result, it is necessary to act differently.
Regarding that thorny question about minimum system requirements for Windows 11 23H2, there is some good news. Microsoft is not making any changes. In short, it’s the same hardware configuration as the 22H2 and 21H2. Microsoft explained
Version 23H2 shares the same service branch and code base as Windows 11, version 22H2. 23H2 is a minor update via a small activation package.
If your computer is already running Windows 11 22H2 and meets the minimum system requirements, it is compatible with this 23H2 build.
On the other hand, if you’re trying to migrate from Windows 10, the answer will be more difficult. There are limitations that can be significant, if not problematic. Note that Microsoft has published a small utility to check if your Windows 10 PC is compatible. Its name is PC Integrity Check, you can download it here.
Windows 11 23H2, minimum system requirements
In detail the computer should start
- A processor with at least two cores and 1 GHz turbine
- 4 GB of RAM
- 64GB or more storage space.
- The system firmware supports UEFI (for Unified Extensible Firmware Interface, a modern version of PC BIOS) and Secure Boot features.
- Trusted Platform Module (TPM) version 2.0.
- DirectX 12 API compatible graphics card featuring WDDM 2.0 drivers.
Added to all this is a 9-inch screen that offers a resolution of 720p. Note that Windows 11 Home edition requires an internet connection and a Microsoft account to complete device configuration upon first use.
|Windows 10||Windows 11|
|Healer||1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster or SoC||1 gigahertz (GHZ) or more, with at least two cores in a compatible 64-bit processor or system-on-a-chip (SoC)|
|ram||1 gigabyte (GB) at 32-bit or 2 GB at 64-bit||4GB|
|Disk space||6 GB with 32-bit OS or 20 GB with 64-bit OS||64 GB|
|Graphics solution||DirectX 9 or later with WDDM 1.0 driver||Compatible with DirectX 12 or later with WDDM 2.0 driver|
|identification||800 x 600 pixels||High definition (720p) display with a diagonal greater than 9 inches, 8 bits per color channel|
|Others||UEFI-compatible Secure Boot
Trusted Platform Module (TPM) version 2.0
Windows 11 23H2 and specific requirements
Some Windows 11 features have requirements other than those listed above. Here are the details
- 5G support requires a 5G-capable modem.
- Auto HDR requires an HDR monitor.
- BitLocker To Go requires a USB drive (available in Windows Professional and later).
- The Hyper-V client requires a processor with Second Level Address Translation (SLAT) capabilities, available in Windows Professional and later.
- Cortana requires a microphone and speaker, and is currently available on Windows 11 for Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, India, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Spain, the United Kingdom, and the United States.
- DirectStorage technology requires 1TB or more NVMe SSD to record and play games that use the Standard NVM Express Controller driver and DirectX 12 Ultimate GPU.
- DirectX 12 Ultimate is available for supported games and graphics chips.
- Presence requires the presence of a sensor capable of detecting the distance between the human and the device, or the intention to interact with the latter.
- Smart video conferencing requires a camera, microphone, and speaker (audio output).
- Multi Voice Assistant (MVA) requires a microphone and speaker.
- Inserting three columns on the screen requires the screen to have an effective width of 1920 pixels or more.
- Turning on/off sound in the taskbar requires a camera, microphone, and speaker (audio output). The app must support this feature to enable sound to be turned on or off globally.
- Spatial audio requires appropriate hardware and software.
- Teams require a camera, microphone, and speaker (audio output).
- Touch interaction requires a screen or display that supports multi-touch.
- Two-factor authentication requires the use of a PIN, biometrics (fingerprint reader, illuminated infrared camera), or a Wi-Fi or Bluetooth-enabled phone.
- Voice typing requires a computer with a microphone.
- Voice alert function requires a modern power supply and microphone in standby mode.
- Wi-Fi 6E requires new IHV WLAN hardware and drivers as well as a Wi-Fi 6E compatible access point/router.
- Windows Hello requires a camera configured for near-infrared imaging or a fingerprint reader for biometric authentication. Devices without biometric sensors can use Windows Hello with a PIN or security key compatible with Microsoft Portable.
- Windows Display requires a video card that supports Windows Display Driver Model (WDDM) 2.0 as well as a Wi-Fi card that supports Wi-Fi Direct.
- (The) Xbox app requires an Xbox Live account, which is not available in all regions. Check Xbox Live countries and regions for the latest availability information. Some Xbox app features require an active Xbox Game Pass subscription. Learn more about the card.