Newlyweds said they were “died inside” after their wedding ended in tragedy, when at least 100 guests were killed in a devastating fire.
• Read also: At least 100 killed in a wedding fire in Iraq
The bride, Haneen (18 years old), lost ten members of her family, including her mother and brother, while her new husband, Revan (27 years old), lost 15 members of his family.
The tragedy occurred on the night of Tuesday to Wednesday, when a fire quickly spread during a wedding party in the Ninesi Governorate in northern Iraq.
“Inside we are dead. We are numb. We are dead inside, Revan is sad.
*Warning, the video below shows disturbing images*
He added that his fiancée “couldn’t talk” after the disaster, according to the New York Post.
More than 150 people were injured due to fire, suffocating smoke, or during a stampede while escaping from the reception room.
The house was completely destroyed by fire, turning it into a pile of charred rubble scattered here and there with twisted and melted furniture, all under a partially collapsed roof.
Authorities said indoor fireworks were likely the cause of the fire.