Children’s floor sealant is offered instead of milk

Children’s floor sealant is offered instead of milk

Twelve children were served food and had tampons on the floor in place of milk during their lunch at an Alaskan day camp on Tuesday.

The Juneau County Board of Education said in a statement on its website that a chain of events led to the error, which affected 12 children and two adults.

The 14 people allegedly ingested up to 90ml of Seal 341 flooring sealant.

Those who consumed the product experienced headaches, nausea, and a burning sensation in the mouth and throat. However, their lives are not in danger.

According to the school board’s preliminary investigation, a pallet of sealant was accidentally delivered to the JSD food depot in the spring of 2021, along with four pallets of shelf-stable milk. Usually this warehouse is for food only.

The sealants were not used until this week when the food service that deals with serving lunches for young people ran out of milk.

The food service, NMS, sent an employee to the warehouse to pick up some.

On the morning of June 14, according to a school board statement, three boxes of sealant on the floor were retrieved from the warehouse.

One was delivered to the day camp food director at Sitʼ Eeti Shaanáx̱ Glacier Valley Primary School where sealant was served in place of milk. The other two chests were sent to other schools, but they were not opened.

The investigation into this event is ongoing.

See also  NDP eleva meta liberal para 40.000 refugiados afegãos

You May Also Like

About the Author: Hermínio Guimarães

"Introvertido premiado. Viciado em mídia social sutilmente charmoso. Praticante de zumbis. Aficionado por música irritantemente humilde."

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *