Singer Tina Turner, dubbed the “Queen of Rock and Roll” and considered one of the greatest artists of all time, died on Wednesday in Switzerland after a long illness.
Upon hearing of his death, his friends and former colleagues wrote him a last thought on their social media.
- “Heaven won an angel. Rest in heaven Tina Turner. Thank you for the inspiration you give us all” – Ciara
- “I am deeply saddened to learn of the passing of Tina Turner, the famous legend who paved the way for so many women in rock music, black and white. She did with great dignity and success what very few in her time and in the genre could have dared to do” – Gloria Gaynor
- “The world has just lost one of the greatest artists of all time. I will be forever grateful for the time we spent together, on tour, in the studio, and as friends. Thank you for inspiring millions around the world to speak your truth and for giving us your amazing voice. My condolences to her husband Erwin and Tina’s family” – Brian Adams
- “I am so saddened by the passing of my wonderful friend Tina Turner. She was truly a very talented artist and singer. She was inspiring, warm, funny and generous. She helped me so much when I was young and I will never forget her” – Mick Jagger
- “God bless you, Tina, Queen of Rocks drunk And a dear friend of our family. Love and prayers to all of Tina’s family, friends and loved ones.” – Ronnie Wood
- “Simply the best. rest in peace mI Turner. I loved you and still do. Thanks” – Sarah Jessica Parker