Fortnite developer Epic Games is preparing to release update 20.40 on PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, PC, Android, and Nintendo Switch. The new Fortnite update has a release date of May 17 and a launch time of 9am GMT in the UK. Of course, as a major update, the new Fortnite update will come with server downtime, which is expected to last a few hours.
The news was announced by Epic Games on Twitter, along with a brief teaser of what to expect.
Epic Tweets: “Make room for the confrontation! Version 20.40 update is scheduled for May 17. Downtime will begin at 4:00 AM ET, with matchmaking disabled 30 minutes earlier.”
According to the tweet, Epic Games will use the update to deepen the story between IO and The Seven.
A follow-up tweet confirmed plans to launch a joint wallet for V-bucks, which means you can now use PlayStation V-bucks on other platforms.
Recent rumors suggest that Epic Games will finally bring Obi-Wan Kenobi into the game, along with influencer Ali-A.
Take a look at the full list of Fortnite 20.40 update notes below.
Fortnite 20.40 update patch notes…
• Shared Fortnite wallet for V-bucks
– V-Bucks purchased from PlayStation can be used on all platforms that support Fortnite Shared Wallet (PlayStation, Xbox, PC, Android and cloud gaming services).
• Players do not receive toast notifications when they are matched at a party with another player
– Players will not receive social toast notifications when joining the match in a party with other players.
• Sometimes traps may not be placed immediately
– Players may have difficulty setting traps when pressing the “place” button or switch in quick succession.
Battle Royale issues…
• Missing Anvil Rocket Launcher UI
– Anvil Rocket Launcher does not show that it locks vehicles as intended. It still locks when fired but doesn’t expose it.
• Trackers disappear after the player leaves the game
– We are aware of an issue where trackers will disappear after a player leaves the game
• Tracking Device
– We are aware of an issue that prevents the Team Tracker from updating properly when multiple teams can use it.
• Joining a creative game in progress may block the new player until the end of the round
– Players may find that joining a creative game that is already in progress can lead to complete job loss.
• Auto dispenser
– We are aware of an issue that causes performance issues when using a vending machine while playing Creative Island
Save the world problems…
• Legendary Perks cannot be modified with Perk Recombobulator
– Since update 20.30, players have not been able to update to change Legendary Perks in their charts.
• Destroyed beds do not count when completing a task
– Two active mission plans (Sleep on It from Blockbuster Questline and Destroy: Good Morning from Ventures) mission players with family destruction. Most beds are not counted upon mission completion when destroyed